- India’s cabinet moves to block same-sex couples from adopting kids
- Colombian same-sex couple allowed to adopt child for the first time
- Owner of camp accused of torturing, killing gay teens defends himself
- Same-sex couples in Ecuador get civil unions and national benefits
- Gay American Football player gets officially picked up by NFL team
- Government agents directly involved in most high-profile US terror plots
- US death row study: 4% of defendants sentenced to die are innocent
- Journalists will face jail over spy leaks under new laws in Australia
- Stealing Candy: Thousands in US spend life in prison for minor crimes
- US schoolboy arrested after writing story about shooting a dinosaur
How not to react when your child tells you that he’s gay
He was kicked out of the house after this *sigh*
Sadly America has a widespread problem with teens being kicked out of their homes because their parents don’t agree with who their kids happen to fall in love with. According to a survey in 2013 an incredible 40% of all homeless kids in the Unites States identify as queer. That means over one million queer kids. Let that number sink in for a second. And more than half of them were victims of sexual assault on the streets after their parents kicked them out.
If you are in a similar situation please know that there are people who will move mountains to help you. If you don’t know where to go please reach out to the Youth Helpline; their hotline number is available toll-free under 1-800-246-PRIDE. The helpline is staffed Monday through Friday from 5pm to 9pm, Pacific Time. If you live in another country and need help finding the number of your local LGBT helpline drop us a mail and we’ll try to find it for you as soon as possible.
A certain community software developer is a bit slow with their releases So the re-launch will take a tad longer than expected. Maybe it’d worth it to try opening up the comments in the meantime since some people had a few days to cool down now.
A quick note: We’re working on a re-launch of the site, the post schedule will be back to normal soon. We haven’t decided what to do with the comments yet but one option would be using the milkboard which would make moderation a lot easier.